Keep Looking Ahead
#ThroughTheEyesOfALion Week 5
October 29, 2017
Pastor Kris Freeman
This series, Through the Eyes of a Lion, is based upon a book by Levi Lusko of the same name. It is recommended you order the book online or by electronic device to follow the series through the month of October at Revolution Church. This series is used by permission.
Review the first four weeks:
- Hidden in Plain Sight - how to see with Godly vision
- Standing on the Tiptoes of Eternity - lean into the groaning
- Hope Has a Rope - keep your anchor tethered on a short leash
- Run Toward the Roar - everything changes when the Lord is with you
Scripture: Proverbs 29:18
King James Version
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
New King James Version
Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.
New Living Translation
When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful.
The lion has the best VISION of any hunting animal on earth. Like the eagle, it’s ability to see distance and detail is STRATEGIC.
In your life, vision is a DIVINE strategy. As the NKJV says, it’s God’s REVELATION of his will and his Word to you.
What does good vision bring to our perspective?
1. Vision teaches us to see past the CURRENT circumstance.
2. Vision teaches us to think ahead of our PROBLEM and see our POTENTIAL.
3. Vision teaches us the END of one thing can be the BEGINNING of something bigger.
Four questions to ask about vision in your spiritual life.
- Would you rather stay the same as your suffering, or get better and improve?
- Do you believe God can use your worst circumstance for a greater purpose?
- Who do you admire that overcame a terrible trial to use it for God’s glory? Write their name down here! ________________________________________ .
- What Bible character did the same and how does that story speak to you?
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Don’t give up, for there is much the Lord has to show you, that you have not yet seen!