Monday, February 29, 2016

02.28.16 Notes (Good News Week 8)

The Gospel of Mark
The Great I am – Week 4
Who is this man part 2
Pastor Joe Everette

Mark 14:60-62
Then the high priest stood up before the others and asked Jesus, “Well, aren’t you going to answer these charges? What do you have to say for yourself?” But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

The Great I am
Exodus 3:14
God replied to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.”

 I am who I am” in ancient Hebrew is Ehyey asher Ehyey
Ehyey – I am or I will be
Asher – Who
Ehyey – I am or I will be
I am who I will be

Jesus here confirms again that he is fully God
Jesus was both fully Man and fully God
Jesus is the bridge that joins Man back to God

Seated at God’s right hand
Hebrews 4:14-16
So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Jesus sits at the right hand of God making intersession for you and me.
He understands our weaknesses.
Because of Jesus’ intersession we can come boldly before the throne of God
Jesus is coming soon
Mark 13:26-33
Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds with great power and glory. And he will send out his angels to gather his chosen ones from all over the world—from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven. “Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that his return is very near, right at the door. I tell you the truth; this generation will not pass from the scene before all these things take place. Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear. “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. And since you don’t know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert!

All the prophecies that need to be fulfilled before the return of Christ have been
Jesus could return at any moment
He will call those who are called by his name
Are you ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment