Monday, November 13, 2017

The Vow of Pursuit (11.12.17 notes)

“The Vow of Pursuit”
#TheVow Week 2
Pastor Kris Freeman
Revolution Church
Sunday, November 12, 2017

Scripture: Psalm 63:1-11 (NLT)


O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. 2 I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. 3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! 4 I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. 5 You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy. 6 I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night. 7 Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. 8 I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely. 9 But those plotting to destroy me will come to ruin. They will go down into the depths of the earth. 10 They will die by the sword and become the food of jackals. 11 But the king will rejoice in God. All who swear to tell the truth will praise him, while liars will be silenced.

By nature, whether good or bad, we pursue what we DON’T have.

  1. We can pursue a relationship
  2. We can pursue a goal (exercise, weight loss, achievement)
  3. We can pursue a career
  4. We can pursue a dream
  5. We can pursue God
  6. We can pursue sin

Remember, in this series, we are learning the vows to God and to our spouse.
  1. The Vow of Priority
  2. The Vow of Pursuit

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is UNITED to his wife, and they become one. (Genesis 2:24)

United - the root word is dab (daw-bak) - means to cling or adhere, to catch (pursue) with affection and devotion.

Psalm 63:8 - I will cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely. 

I promise to always pursue my TWO.

Remember, when God is our one, and our spouse is our two, then EVERYONE gets blessed.

Pursuit is the definition of closing the gap between INTENTIONS and ACTIONS.

1. When you think of something good to say, SAY it.



But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. (Hebrews 3:13)

Pursue God, and your spouse, with words of:
  • Affection
  • Affirmation
  • Action
  • Application

By research, ladies most often want to know “do you love me?” And guys want to know “do you believe in me?”

2. When you think of something special, DO it.

If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. (James 4:17)

3. When you want something different, BE it.

Don’t gripe about what your spouse is not - be what you SHOULD be.

To get what you have never had, you must do what you have never done.

But to get what you ONCE had, you must do what you ONCE did again!

Remember the height from which you have fallen. Repent, and do the things you did at first. (Revelation 2:5).

#TheVow


Find the Bible reading plan for this series by searching “The Vow” on YouVersion!

No comments:

Post a Comment