The Feeling is Mutual
#YouAskedForIt Week Two
Pastor Kris Freeman
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Scripture: Ephesians 5:21-33 (NLT)
21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
22 For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. 24 As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.
Submission is - believe it or not, an actual of MUTUAL respect.
Submission in parenting and the marital relationship begins with GOD at the head of everything that we do together. As a couple, but FIRST as an individual, we must be submissive to him.
Today’s You Asked For It question deals with the roles of men and women in marital relationships, even what is the man’s role as the head of the family and what does that mean?
25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.
This scripture proves that a man should be a LEADER, a SERVANT, and SUBMIT and SACRIFICE.
- There is nothing wrong or chauvinistic about good male leadership in the family.
- Men should be AWESOME husbands.
- Men should be good role models.
- Men should be good friends.
- Men should be GREAT dads.
Our God is every quality of a GREAT dad - and even a great mom! Believe it or not!
28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. 29 No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church. 30 And we are members of his body.
Husbands, love your wives! And here’s why women deserve to be loved!
- Women are vitally important and Biblically significant to the plan of God.
- Women should be INCREDIBLE wives.
- Women should be fantastic mentors and leaders.
- Women should be good friends.
- Women as mothers are the GREATEST THING on earth!
31 As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.” 32 This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. 33 So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Relationships should seem easy - but it’s very difficult! It’s EXTREMELY difficult.
Then you add KIDS. Wow!
Being a parent is such a blessing! But it’s a tough road!
- Being a parent is a biological thing - God said be fruitful and multiply!
- Being a parent is a psychological thing - it produces mental growth and challenges!
- Being a parent is a spiritual thing - you are the leaders of your children’s future!
- Being a parent is a tragic and heart-breaking thing - the roller coasters are so hard!
- Being a parent is a perfect thing to illustrate the love of God toward us.
Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. (Proverbs 22:6 NLT)