Monday, June 17, 2013

A great Father's Day at Revolution!

Photo by Michelle Carver - A dad and his two sons praying
Happy Monday! It's the day after Father's Day and I want to share with you some awesome things from Revolution Church from the past week. We learn to celebrate wins, and God has blessed us in a big way. Hope to see you next Sunday as we continue week four of How I Met My Father!

- Sunday we had one person give their life to Christ, two people signed up for baptism and 24 families or individuals praying in response to a challenging message on parenting and sacrifice.
- Our Jamaica team returned, and 13 people came to Christ or rededicated their lives. We ministered to two schools, three churches and over 1,500 kids total. i am very proud of our team. Our chapel on the campground is not yet built, but when the container gets released it will be. Trust God!
- We have 26 people who have been on a mission trip to either Jamaica or Oklahoma City in the past two weeks. That's AWESOME!
- Chris Alsup and Corey Freeman were just slamming it at the roadside! Chris says they had a 99 percent wave rate Sunday - c'mon, bro! What's wrong with the one person who didn't? Great job by our greeters!
- We continue to add team members to our cleaning and maintenance, first impressions, greeters and had four first-time serving in RevKids last week. Our serve team rate is about 65 percent at church right now. That's awesome!
- Worship for Father's Day - WOW! The Holy Spirit moved, and we just watched as God did some amazing things. "The Great I Am" in the second service was incredible and I was awed to see Ronnie Foster so overcome he couldn't sing, and the audience led it for him. That was cool. Really cool.

Want to give a shout to Pastor Ian Cullen, who did a fantastic job on June 9th while we were on the missions trip. If you want to check out his message, see it here.

Listen to this win from the Revive ladies meeting:

"Win: someone at Revive pulled me aside tonight and just wanted to let me know that since their family has been coming to Revolution Church the past few months they have experienced, wait for it....LIFE CHANGE! Their marriage is better, their kids behavior is better...yes ladies and gentleman that is what it is all about! Life Change! Got the Holy Ghost bumps while she was talking to me."

Our serve team leaders are reading through 1 Timothy this week. Want to join us? We just want to celebrate what God is doing!

Finally, three simple things:

1. Live - Keep it all about life change.
2. Love - Treat people the right way and see them through God's eyes.
3. Serve - Make a difference, not an excuse.

I love my church family, if you missed out this Sunday then you better get ready for next week because God is on the move!

I have preached seven times this week. I am tired. But I love Jesus and can't wait to share with you next Sunday! Get a friend to church, you don't want to miss it! What's your win? Celebrate with us by sharing what God is doing with you!

Pastor K

P.S. I got to return from Jamaica and see Man of Steel with my family for Father's Day. It's intense, but check it out! A lot of gospel parallels and Messiah implications for the main character. You'll see a lot of the Bible reflected in the movie.

And Phil Mickelson didn't win the U.S. Open like I predicted. But I would like to offer my advice that he should have reduced club to the gap wedge on hole 13. Like I'm a pro or something. Just saying. Oh, Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment